cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic SALV Cell: 0-n cell editors based on row data

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an ALV usage for my WDC, and I'd like to list in one of the cells multiple LinkToURL cell editors; however, the number of cell editors depends on row data.

For example.

row 1 data has columns a, b and c. row 1 has a sub node with 4 elements. for each of those elements, i'd like to create a cell editor and place it in a multi-cell editor in column c.

so you might have some data that looks like this:

|-----------------------------------------------------------|
| data | data | url1, url2, url3                            |

| data | data | url1, url2                                    |

| data | data | url1, url2, url3, url4                    |

in the example above, each of the url#s would be an individual LinkToURL cell editor.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Please refer the below help document

Defining Multiple Cell Editors for a Column - Web Dynpro for ABAP - SAP Library

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using Multi editor cell variant CL_SALV_WD_MULTI_CELL_EDITOR and create the LinktoURL/LinktoAction UI

hope this helps,

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

For all the multi-cell editor responses, please refer to my original problem statement. I am familiar with the multi-cell editor, and indeed I am using it. However, that is not the problem. I am not creating a static list of cell editors to place into the multi cell editors, instead, the cell editors should be dynamically based on context data and added at runtime.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm  not sure if you can dynamically set the multi cell editor as the interfaces are different. Try this if it works, Use the Cell Variant for the column CL_SALV_WD_CV_STANDARD, and then set the Variant as Multi Cell Editor CL_SALV_WD_MULTI_CELL_EDITOR ( which has other Cell Editors ) to that.

You may refer to this document on dynamically setting cell editors to different rows : Dynamic Cell Editors in ALV

Regards,

Kiran