cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change in budget profile

0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Greetings,

Please suggest me can I uncheck overall budget values in budget profile. already we have been using budget profile which is both oevrall values and annual values is checked. its configured 2 years back. Now I want to use on annual values budget profile.

My querries is can i uncheck over all values in between project duration?, is there any adverse impact on project? , wheteher any reconstruction program is needed for the exixsting project?

Please revert.

and thanx in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ansari,

What's the rationale behind changing the budget profile in between?

Are you using Availability Control as well with Budgeting? if yes is it active for annual values or overall?

My recommendation would be to use a new budget profile with Annual Values and use that while creating new projects..

If you feel that old projects also needs to be migrated from the Overall/ Annual to only Annual. You need to run CJEN and CJBN reports to correct the database.

Hope it helps

Sammar

0 Kudos

Really helpful...Thanx for your all sincere effort.

Rgds,

M S Ansari

0 Kudos
sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ansari,

If you are changing the Budget to Annual values, remove the check of Overall  in the Availability as well..

Once it is done.. Re-run the CJEN and CJBN for all the projects, to set the database..

Also check for the reports for budgeting whats happening to the overall values once you make the changes.

Test it in Dev System first before moving it to Production..

Regards

Sammar

0 Kudos

Thanx Razdan

0 Kudos

Dear Expert And Razdan,

Please clarify one more doubt, if I change the budget profile from overall value to annual values  in current date, then should I need to do and budget carry forward and commitment carry forward. My fiscal year is January - December.

What I have noticed that when I select only annual vales in budget profile then over all values in CJ30 does not appear otherwise rest budget remain same.

Thanks in advance

M S Ansari

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi M.S. Ansari,

No need of carry forward of budget, as you budget profile is having both the Annual and Total Values.

So once you make the changes to budget profile to only annual, your old annual values will remain there..

As correctly noticed by you.. your overall values disappear once you make these changes...

regards

Samar

0 Kudos

Thanks Samar, Its really very helpful.

Rgds.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ansari,

Customize setting is just for changing the behavior of current system. so once you change the budget profile, accounting and logistics will not do any impact to existing or newly created project.

so don't afraid and change according to business requirement. and let us know if still have any issue?

Regards,
Sanjeev

0 Kudos

Rgds,

M S Ansari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

mohd ansari wrote:

My querries is can i uncheck over all values in between project duration?, is there any adverse impact on project? , wheteher any reconstruction program is needed for the exixsting project?

Impact: No impact on existing project budget consumption. Budget profile changes will impact project if you was using only annual or only overall. And also that needs some manual work.

Reconstruction Needed: Yes, it will correct if some inconsistencies occur. Run CJEN and CJBN in sequence after changes in budget profile

Note: Don't forget to run a cycle in testing server to double sure.

Regards

Shishir

0 Kudos

Rgds,

M S Ansari