Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating VBUK-TRSTA status

former_member431487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have created a delivery document, did PGI and created invoice. But when I checked status of TRSTA (Transportation Planning) field in VBUK table for Delivery number then it was A. How can I update this status to C since Transportation Planning is completely processed and Invoice is also created.

Regards,

Karan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Isn't this status related to the Shipment? If you just typed VBUK-TRSTA in Google you could've easily found dozens of old SCN posts, e.g. this one

Kindly read ROE and google before posting questions on SCN.

former_member431487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Yes TRSTA is related to Shipment and I have already gone through the link you have given and some other posts also. But my question is that I have do ne PGI directly in Delivery and created Invoice without creating Shipment document. So in this case shouldn't VBUK-TRSTA be Blank (not relevant) instead of being A. How can I update it to Blank or C.

Regards,

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

I guess your delivery types or item categories are relevant for transportation.

If this should not be the case uncheck the corresponding delivery and item types in SPRO > Logistics Execution > Transportation > Shipments > Maintain Transportation Relevance.

As for updating the status of an open delivery (open for transaportation) the only way is to achieve this would be to create and update subsequent shipment document (or maybe cancel GI posting in VL09 and delete delivery; then re-create it and post GI; but this of course just in case you do not send any EDI communication etc. depending on your shipping flow and its config).

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Tomas

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Check if it can be updated through VL_COMPLETE transaction in ECC 6.0 .

Regards,

SRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRK, very good point! TF

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Statuses are driven by the configuration (see Tomas's response above). An SD professional designs the process and configures the system for that process. Then that process needs to be followed. If you don't need something to be relevant for shipment then just don't configure it in such way.

Some rare technical glitches are possible in the statuses but, in general, if you configure it correctly and then follow the process correctly then there should be no such questions or a need to run some reports to force the status updates.

If someone is not sure how configuration works exactly then a good approach is to use a Sandbox system and just try different combinations.