cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debug OData service

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried external break point in MPC/DPC class, but somehow not been able to make it work, when I send request from web browser (Get entity Set). Any idea, what am I missing here?

thanks,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

I am placing external break point in the class

'ZCL_Z_BANKDIRECTORY_DPC_EXT', method 'BNKAES_GET_ENTITYSET'.

URI

........./sap/opu/odata/sap/Z_BANKDIRECTORY_SRV/?$format=xml

thanks,

Pradeep

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

URI ........./sap/opu/odata/sap/Z_BANKDIRECTORY_SRV/?$format=xml will provide you the service document. It is not intended to trigger the 'BNKAES_GET_ENTITYSET' method.

To trigger 'BNKAES_GET_ENTITYSET' method your URI should be

........./sap/opu/odata/sap/Z_BANKDIRECTORY_SRV/YourEntitySetName

Regards,

Ekansh 

0 Kudos

HI Ekansh,

I gave that URI as an example..you are right, I should have made it clear that I have tried with EntitySet (and with filter criteria as well). Still it did not stop at the break point. May be I can try by hard coding..!

..../sap/opu/odata/sap/Z_BANKDIRECTORY_SRV/BankDirectorySet/?$filter=Country eq 'US'

thanks.

Pradeep

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Remove the '/'

..../sap/opu/odata/sap/Z_BANKDIRECTORY_SRV/BankDirectorySet?$filter=Country eq 'US'

0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna for your time.

Yes, that was a typo in my URI, I did not use "/". I am getting the query results in Web browser but not stopping at the break point in DPX_EXT class/method.

Attaching screen shots for your reference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you using the same user id for testing the service and in external break-point.

If so then remove all your break-points and reset again.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

tharaka_fernando
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pradeep,

You have to Use External Break point in DPC_EXT class / MPC_EXT class..

This is where oData service data is pushed into GW system

If you are using navigation properties put a External Break point in Get Expanded Entity set..

If not Get Entity set..

make sure you are calling correct oData service and correct place in the coding..

Thanks

Tharaka

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apart from what Krishna says, please check that you if you are using the correct client. It is one of the most common reasons for not hitting the break-point. You can influence the correct client in Gateway call by specifying sap-client url param.

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it Embedded deployment? Or Hub?

If it is Hub. most probably a user might be hard coded in RFC destination logon. In such a case breakpoint has to be set for that user.

0 Kudos

HI Krishna,

Thanks for taking time to respond.

It is a embedded deployment and trigger does not stop at the break-point. The effect is as good as there is no break point.

thanks,

Pradeep

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, Next chance is that you are putting breakpoint in a wrong place.

Share your URL and ABAP method where you are putting breakpoint.

kedarT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Were you able to test your oData service in the Gateway client? if yes what is the response.

Also were does the control stop on your external break-point in the Gateway Client?