cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10.1 SP06 ARA - Management Report issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on GRC 10.1 SP06 -ARA - Reports and Analytics -Risks Violation->when I checked for any access risk violation there are inconsistency for user description(last name, first name) are not updating and it's taking user id instead and user group,telephone number (user address data) are not updating in management report.

we have 3 systems connected to GRC and when we ran first time for one system all data was good in management report,after running synch & batch jobs for other systems we facing this issue.Please help.

Thanks  Ali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

this is very strange.

Try checking the plugins Support package level and run a user sync (full) - like Alessandro already mentioned.

Cheers,

NJ

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ali,

can you check if GRACUSER table is updated correctly? Please also run the User sync in full mode to get the latest data updated into the GRC tables.

Let us know if this fixes the issue.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, User last name and first name are correct in GRACUSER table for  All 3 ECC Systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

Do you want me to run full user repository job for all 3 systems and check then Batch Risk Analysis job for users ony with full synch mode for 3 systems.

Thanks Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

I ran full user synch but same issue and inconsistency with user (last name,first name),user group in the management report.

Thanks -Mir

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry, GRACUSER Table is not updating correctly when I compare with backend system and management report  and some users are missing in GRACUSER.

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

the user sync depends on the user data source so you need also to check your data sources. Please be aware that if you have several systems listed as user data source and the same user ID in several systems with different first/last names this information get overwritten by the sync job.

Let me give you an example with two data sources (system A and B):

System A, User BBECKEK (as in your screenshot) with Firstname and Lastname properly maintained.

System B, User BBECKEK with weird First/lastname as this systems is e.g. a test system.

If you run sync the user sync the user will be found in System A with the correct information. The user sync for system B will also find the user but with the weird information and all the information in GRACUSER table will be overwritten with the details from System B.

To avoid this behaviour you can configure detail data sources only pointing to your System A that holds correct information. So in case the user gets found in System B it will still get the detail information from System A as this is configured as your detail data source.

This is a common mistake since many companies have test systems with less information as in productive systems.

Hope you understand what I am trying to tell you.

Let us know.

Regards,

Alessandro