cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade questions (ChaRm related)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

we are currently planning to upgrade one of our systems from ERP 6.0 EHP4 to ERP 6.0 EHP6 SPS 14. This system is currently connected to a Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 SPS 1, in order to use ChaRm.

We were wondering if there would be any kind of problems with ChaRm after the upgrade EHP4 - EHP6 and what you suggest in order to minimize efforts and problems.

Thank you in advance for your support and advices,

Federico

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody, but my question is more focused on possible problems with a such a combination.

To make an example, we are worried for possible issues with such an old version of Solution Manager handling ChaRM with a much newer system.

I read about problems like this, but until now I couldn't gather many informations and I would like to know more about it, in order to be prepared when we'll effectively perform the upgrade.

Thank you in advance for your support and advices,

Federico

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As far as I know, as long as the RFCs work the same way and transport requests in the EHP system are in the same status and recognized by ChaRM, there should be no impact.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

>>We were wondering if there would be any kind of problems with ChaRm after the upgrade EHP4 - EHP6 and what you suggest in order to minimize efforts and problems.<<

Well, you are only upgrading the ERP system and CHARM's are done using the Solution Manager.

There won't be any impact to the CHARM's functionality on SolMan just because you are doing an EHP update on the ERP system.

Cheers

RB