cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to renew HANA license without Hardware Key

Former Member
0 Kudos

My HANA developer license has expired and I am not able to connect to HANA from the Studio in order to read the hardware key in the licence section (which is described as the prerequisite for a new license).

Is there any chance to renew the license anyway?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ventsislav_ivanov2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Here you can find more details on how to request new developer license key:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ventsislav,

in your link the headline promises to renew an expired license, but it seems that the procedure only works BEFORE your license expires.

In the prerequsites it says "The HANA database is up and running and you can connect to it from HANA Studio". If you are able to connect to your HANA then you will be able to find the hardware key (step 1).

In my case there is no connection from HANA Studio after activating my AWS instance. And the error message refers to the expired license. So the question is how to renew an already expired license?

Regards,

Michael Emmerich

ventsislav_ivanov2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

When you license key expires you can still start your HANA and connect via HANA Studio.

However the operations that you can do are limited to installing new license key.

This should be sufficient for you to update the new developer license.

Best Regards,

Ventsislav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay you are right.

What was not told in the procedure is the fact that you should use your SYSTEM user to connect from the studio.

So I finally got my new key and my HANA again working.

Thank you.

Answers (0)