cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc Tunneling possible with IDoc_AAE Adapter?

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a PI 7.4 AES system and wanted to know

1. If there's still such a concept as IDoc tunneling for the IDoc_AEE adapter?
  2. And if so, can we set that as a parameter, maybe even on a per iFlow basis?

I want to avoid having a situation where a IDoc is just put through but gets really blown up volume wise because it uses IDoc tunneling (so happened at our old PI 7.0 Dual Stack installation).

Many thanks and kind regards

Jens

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

I think this theme is quite interesting, and an important point to choose a dual or single PI installation/upgrade.

I've been researching and it seems no possible, also as per SAP documentation http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/c0/e7bf435ec643568258f4a1919fc157/content.htm?frameset=... the IDOC_AAE works only wiht IDOC XML protocol therefore no has sense to override the XML conversion, don't you think the same?

Regards.

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're almost certainly right, Iñaki. I tried sending an IDoc from ERP (Dev) system to our PI AEX (Dev) system and it had the same size it had when sending to PI IE (Dev) system that has IDoc tunneling forced turned off (XML_CONVERSION = 1).

So yeah, size i low without having to specify something special in the IDoc adapter (at least nothing I can remember of).

Thanks again.

Cheers

Jens

Answers (0)