SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice for security deposit request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts ,

I got a requirement that Client want to release invoice to Customer first for security deposit, once Customer receive invoice they will pay their deposit.

Can anyone give me advise how to handle this ?

I am thinking function for Ad-hon invoice and open item active , however for either not work out ,

Thanks in advance!

Lee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

As per standard SAP, Security deposit is Statistical line item and you can't have a separate invoice for a SD request.

Instead, if your intention is to communicate the SD amount to the customer for payment, then you can use the correspondence functionality (FPCOPARA) for sending a letter to the customer.

Standard SAP has a correspondence type 0012 for Cash Security deposit request.

You can use the standard application form or have a custom one for the purpose.

Hope it clarifies.

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

How about use correspondence functionality , I think you can use correspondence type 0012.

thanks,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee.

Im not sure if the needed functionality is already built-in. What you can do is print the security deposit request form (in t-code FPSEC2 or FPSEC3) until the request has not been paid (this will generate the correspondence type 0012). As a workaround, once its cleared, you can send the customer account statement or if paid via cash journal, you can send the payment confirmation.

Marko

0 Kudos

Hello Marko,

How can I preview this request format with correspondence type 0012? I tried in SAP not find preview button.

thanks for your helpful response.!

Mary.

0 Kudos

Hi Mary.

Go to transaction code FPSEC3, select your security deposit request, and then choose "Environment - Form Print" from the menu. Make sure you select the "Create print request" option if you want the correspondence to be created. Otherwise, it will only be sent to printer.

Marko

0 Kudos

Good morning!

Thanks for quick response.

Mary

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

As per standard SAP, Security deposit is Statistical line item and you can't have a separate invoice for a SD request.

Instead, if your intention is to communicate the SD amount to the customer for payment, then you can use the correspondence functionality (FPCOPARA) for sending a letter to the customer.

Standard SAP has a correspondence type 0012 for Cash Security deposit request.

You can use the standard application form or have a custom one for the purpose.

Hope it clarifies.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan

Very useful !