cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup of new Storage Location in ECC, not sending deliveries to EWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've just created a new storage location for an existing warehouse.  This existing warehouse is working perfect, however the new storage locations which I have created is not passing inbound/outbound deliveries to EWM. 

- I have assigned the Plant/SLoc to the WH in ECC.

- Mapped storage locations from ERP to EWM

- No "delivery notification" has been created in either status.

- No Queue create in SMQ1/SMQ2 on either side.

- No log for the inbound/outbound delivery in SLG1

The deliveries are distributed and locked in ECC.  The one thing that raises a red flag in my opinion is that fact that there are no logs in SLG1 on the ECC for these inbound/outbound deliveries.  This makes me believe that the message to pass from ECC to EWM has not even been triggered.  Is there some kind of BAPI/FM/CID Mod variant that needs to be maintained in ECC to include this new storage location?

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chuck,

Only Sloc assignment is not enough.

Create WH in ECC and assign to WH.

You need to say this WH as decentralize in SPRO>>

Logistics Execution • Service Parts Management (SPM) • Integrate

SPM with Other Components • Maintain Extended WM-Specific Parameters.

with this check Distribution model is created>>

This two setting plays role to send del to EWM.

1st says no operation in ECC.

2nd says when del comes for this WH take to EWM logical system using standard Bapi.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suraj. Since this is an existing warehouse which is already passing deliveries to EWM via a separate storage location, these have already been completed.  Would these need to be updated if a new storage locations was added to the warehouse?

Former Member

Are you using same WH. for new one. Then make all assignment same as old one.

How it works

PO has SLOC \

Del has SLOC + WH from customization.

Customization find WH is decentralized and will send to EWM del.

Regards

Suraj 

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all.. Issue fixed.  This was caused by a status in the delivery document, which was change via configuration in ECC to the delivery document itself.  Identified the problem in transaction VL60.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chuck,

First of all when you are creating Deliveries in SAP ERP that time at line item level check if your plant and storage location is maintained and

• then check if the warehouse number is getting determined as your configurations,
  • then check if your warehouse is activated as EWM in ERP instead of local WM along with distribution immediately and Queue methods
  • then your WM warehouse should be linked to EWM warehouse, mapping needs to be done in both systems, also the storage location mapping with availability groups in EWM.

At the time when you save your delivery in ERP are you getting message that delivery is created and distributed to WMS?

One of possible reason could be the storage location mapping for this. You can also try to create distribution model again for your warehouse in configuration if your mappings are correct.

Regards

Anoop Singh