cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action taken: No Alert wanted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Someone concerned has done 'something' (e.g. changed the value of a cell by 0.0000000001 % ) in response to the alert situation  (database alert).

I do not want the alert to be produced again (by the background job) if a known rational human has done something in response to the alert... good, bad or ugly, given the alert condition macro does not understand the same.

How do I implement this ?

Example

A = 100,

B = 20

Alert

IF A / B > 3

BUT NO alert wanted NEXT time  (when the macro is run in FG or BG)

IF B is changed from 20 to 30

EVEN THOUGH

A / B is still > 3

All iterations in future. No spare key figs. No room for key figs. prod system

Thanks

BS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Borat,

You would need some kind of flag to let you know that no alerts should be triggered for the next alert run.

option 1

If the key figure is a fixable one, I would suggest the planner fix the cell when he has taken an action on the alert. You will be able to determine whether the row, cell or column is fixed when generating the alert using a simple macro function.

option 2

In case this is not possible, then the planner could enter a specific note whenever he takes action to address the alert. I believe this is more tricky and it would probably require a user exit macro as I do not know any macro functions that access the planning notes.

Good luck, regards.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Max

Unfortunately the key fig is not fixable. But I give the credit entirely to you. I did not think this simple possibility 🙂

Yes I see a way now. It is not fixable I will make it fixable. That is perhaps worth the effort.

Thanks

BS.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello BS,

If business do not want to see same alert next time then it is important to fix the exception situation/condition for which alert was generated.  This exception situation/condition is defined in Alert Macro based on business rule/requirement.  Please make sure "IF" part of Alert Macro is defined correctly to handle this scenario/requirement.

If you do not want the alert to be generated IF something is TRUE, then make sure that is checked as part of IF conditioning in Alert macro so that Alert generation does not happen. Hope it make sense.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare