cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Lumira Dataaccess extension - Change executepath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario

• I have created a visualization or lums file using DAE ( C:\demo\console.exe)
  • Now I want to edit /refresh the Lums file using DAE( D:\demo\console_V2.exe)

Problem :

When I try to edit/refresh, the document is looking for C:\demo\console.exe. How to change the executepath that embedded in the document?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree there is no way we can do this. But there is a dirty workaround which might solve you immediate need. Looking at the DAE exe filepath I can figure out that you are making some demo extension

You can add new Data source pointing to console_v2.exe and append it in earlier data set. This way you can have already created visualization working but with redundant data. OR change the code of console.exe and let it not return anything so that consolidate data set will have data only from console_v2. I guess this will work when both EXEs returns same number of columns. try it out.

I did this in the past because I had a complex visualization already created (did not want create it again)  and due to some code changes and wrong naming of exe I had to create a new exe and point the existing visualization to new exe.

hope this helps temporary till SAP gives some features in Lumira.

This is not a problem only with DAE. It exists with other data sources e.g. excel . csv. etc.

- Mayank

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank

Nice work-arounds

I'd like SP to improve on this as much as you, so the SAP Idea Place will be a good place to start. I'll look if there is something like it there already and if not, create an idea my self.

- Ludek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Currently, there is no way to do this. A great idea though that should be entered in the SAP Idea Place.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada