SAP for Mill Products Discussions
Explore conversations about production optimization, resource utilization, and quality control using SAP in the mill products industry. Join in or start your own!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How make default vaules in Characteristics

mohan_madaiah
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All.

i have characteristics  CORE_DIA  i would like make default vaules as 100 cms this can be over written by user plz guide source code i have written as below   system giving syntax error..

thanks

Mohan    

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mohan,

I can't see your code you have written.

Why don't you use the functionality in the characteristic maintenance to default a value? Transaction CT04 - on the tab 'values', check mark the value in the column with the header 'D' (default value).

In case you really need an object dependency: A procedure like this - linked to the characteristic CORE_DIA or to the configuration profile of the material - should do the trick:

$SET_DEFAULT ($SELF, CORE_DIA, 100)

Regards

Stefan

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mohan,

You have mentioned 'source code i have written as below' but you didn't list anything here. Please share the same with syntax error

As Stefan mentioned, you can use CT04 transaction and provide the default value. You can go to "Values" tab and click on "Additional values" checkbox so that users can overwrite the default entry.

This way your requirement will be met.

Thanks,

Prem