Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Strange issue while testing Agentry Application

I am trying to test an Agentry application using ATE. The application runs on a local SMP3 SP04 server that I have hosted on my machine. The application has an SQL backend. When I do the first "Transmit" after logging into ATE, it runs correctly and executes all of the SQL queries and returns the necessary data. But when I hit the transmit again, i get an Error. I pulled the details from the Server events log and below are the details of the error. I am not sure why I am getting this error and I am even more confused as to why I don't get the error during the first transmit. 

Below is the error from the events log.

01/27/2015 18:27:51, 1,        16,       103, Thr       2448, Fetch "GetCustomers" ClientExchange "InsertCustomersExchange", 3: SA_DBMS_API_Error, DB Code: 102, DB Text:42000 [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near '01'.

42000 [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Statement(s) could not be prepared., query.cpp#145:SQLQuery::run

So I looked at the "InsertCustomersExchange" step SQL query that it refers to and I am not able to figure out what the issues is. Below is the SQL Query

<<local lastUpdate=<<if <<eq <<lastUpdate format="%Y">> "0000">>

INSERT INTO SycloCustomersExchange

(CustomerID, UserID, ServerID, Action, LastUpdate)

I am guessing it has to do something with the LastUpdate field. Below is the screenshot of the InsertCustomerExchange table immediately before I hit the second transmit.

Below is the error that the ATE returns when I try to hit "Transmit" the second time.

Any help on how I can resolve this issue ?

Can you go into the cockpit under logs | settings and find your application SQL backend and change from fatal to debug.  I am not sure if those take effect immediately or not so restart to be safe and run again.  That should give you the detailed output in the log file.

It should show the exact query that is being executed so you can better troubleshoot the error.

One thing I see is you have quotes around the <<local.lastUpdate>> in the insert clause.  Please try removing those as I believe the quotes are already added in the local tag.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question