cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT service management - Copy transaction type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I am starting IT service management configuration in my Solution Manager 7.1 SPS12. I have finished first step Check prerequisites with no errors, and now I am in a step 2. Perform standard configuration, substep 2.1 Configure manually.

First manual activity required is - Copy transaction type. I am not really sure what am I supposed to do in this step. When I start transaction it asks for Source transaction type and for Target transaction type.  What should I enter here?

I am new to basis and I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zeljko,

Solman has 2 roles from implementation perspective

• solution Manager functional
  • Solution Manager Technical

the query you have asked lies in Solution Manager functional not Technical or Basis side.

Further, copy transaction type means you have to provide standard as source i.e. SMIN as source and ZMIN or YMIN as target.

also, transaction type in solman is similar to document type in ERP...so the way we have OR sales order type for Standard sales order in ERP ..solman has Standard Transaction type SMIN for standard Incident

check below new transaction type

I recommend you to attend some trainings by SAP or at least an EGI which will help you to understand what is required and what is the purpose of all above things so that you can easily configure it.

hope this answered your above query

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is clear now.

Thank you for such a detailed answer!

Answers (0)