Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSOL with ChaRM Project Variant SAP1 - Lock Deletion

velden_thorben
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we want to set up charm maintainance-projects in variant SAP1 (only urgent corrections).

And for helping the devs, CSOL shall be activated. I'm testing this scenario but having trubles with CSOL:

The Lock for any object transported is not getting deleted after the import in production but this is what we aim for.

I understand that this is neccessary for SAP0-projects but for our purpose with only UCs this doesnt make sense.

Is there some kind of trick to get this working? Closing the projects for getting rid of the locks is not an option for our case. 😞

I'd appreciate any help, thank you.

Regards, Thorben

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorben,

Can you close the Change document and check whether lock entry is deleted or not?

Thanks and Regards,

Vijay

velden_thorben
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

sadly, that doesn't help either. But i just noticed that when i go to /TMWFLOW/LOCKMON and apply the filter and run it, i get the warning message "Failed to refresh import status of System <Exx>".

But this only occurs on the initial load, not when i do a refresh. There is no further information except for "Message no. /TMWFLOW/CSL079" when i click on it. Both messages do not have any relevant google findings. Also, there is no failed authority in SU53.

I forgot to mention that we are using SolMan 7.1  SP8.

Anyone got an idea?

Thorben.

velden_thorben
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

together with an expert we further analysed the problem and it turned out that the user used in the RFC-Destination did not have sufficient rights to update the import status (role Z_SOLMAN_TMW was missing).

Problem solved.

Thorben

Sajid
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thorben,

We have similar setup as yours that we are only using urgent correction with variant SAP1. Can you please tell me how are you managing import to Production? Are you moving change documents one by one or do you use some report for bulk move to production? I am looking for some report that can be used for bulk move.

Regards

Sajid

velden_thorben
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sajid,

we are moving them one by one with the document workflow.

I suggest that you open another discussion, as your question will remain unseen by others here.

Regards

Thorben

Sajid
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thorben,

I did actually opened a discussion thread but still waiting to get an answer.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3814015

I thought of moving CD one by one, but how do you make sure you move them into production in same order as QAS system i.e. in the order of import buffer? I am now exploring project import using SAP0 with selective import - only issue is it does not change to next status automatically. I could use CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT to change the status manually but this report can also move urgent correction.

Thanks

Sajid

Answers (0)