Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issued a Wrong Batch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All Experts,

Greetings of the day

My client is facing an issue in regards for batch managed item,Scenario is : Client had Posted Delivery note for batch no. 04NA1402014, followed by invoice but while taking this batch from warehouse, labor mistakenly had dispatched 04NA1402015, now they want to change the batch but without cancelling or reversal of invoice. How could this can be performed in SAP B1 9.0 PL04

Regards,

Bhushan Verma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since item already delivered to customer, there is only option to create credit memo to adjust correct batch number in SAP b1.

By manually, with your customer acceptance, you exchange correct batch number. Because invoice is raised for correct bathc number.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

Sorry i didnt get your last statement:

'By manually, with your customer acceptance, you exchange correct batch number. Because invoice is raised for correct bathc number.'

will u please explain a bit more

Regards,

Bhushan Verma

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ask your client's customer to return incorrect number by gate pass. same way ask your client send correct batch number to customer. Note that, this entries should not be posted in B1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nagarajan,

Ok i got your point i will discuss this point to my client and then will revert you.

Regards,

Bhushan Verma

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any update?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

Sory for the delay i forgot to update,

yes I discussed your point with client, but client is not ready for returning, or cancellation of invoice or other document due to some legal problem no. of return will not be acceptable.

Regards,

Bhushan Verma

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply. What is your final conclusion for this scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

final conclusion is to save the delivery or Invoice document and after the physical checking, they can post the relative document.

Regards,

Bhushan Verma

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure about your customer's business process. SAP b1 should control the flow of batch number, not by warehouse person.

The above solution looks like preventive action, not for posted document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the above solution is only prevention action.

and yes i do agree that SAP B1 will only look after flow of batch number, not o manual activity.

Regards,

Bhushan Verma

former_member184146
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thank you for your provided link but there also it is mentioned that we need to create cancellation or return document for delivery or AR Invoice.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,

Bhushan Verma

former_member184146
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

Not possible to change the batch without Return or AR Credit Memo document, this is System behavior, if you want to do some adjustment you can do the Goods receipts and Issue with same accounts and amount with proper remarks.

--Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

It is not possible . if select wrong batch than need to create Return or AR Cedit Memo.

Please Suggest Expert....

Regards

Bhanu 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

Not Possible to Change Batch for Delivery or Invoice which already added.

If they want to allocate Correct Batch No to Invoice or Delivery then they have pass Credit Note or Return and create again Delivery and Invoice with Correct Batch.

Note: AR Invoice and Delivery Note no will Change.

Hope this helps

--

--

Regards::::

Atul Chakraborty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I suggested the same to the client i gave them the same solution but they want some workaround on this, I asked them to create Delivery or AR Invoice as in draft mode and to be posted later once they get the correct information from the warehouse person or even they can have an approval procedure on delivery, AR Invoice.

Will it work???

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

Yes, i can understand.

You can do adjustments by doing Goods Issue and Goods Receipt but you will not be able to allocate Batch no to invoice or Delivery but in Remark Column you can write which Batch is Issued for this Delivery or Invoice.

To avoid future error, check this process also with Pick List means create Sales Order one more Layout as Pick List.

Print this Pick List and send to Store to Load and ask them to write Correct batch and then on the behalf of this Pick List Create Delivery and Invoice.

Hope this helps

--

--

Regards::::

Atul Chakraborty