Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mm search help mekk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hİ;

I use MM search help MEKK.it has a lot of included search helps.

MEKKI is a included search help but it works wrong.

I select plant field but number doesn't come back.Description of plant field comes back for plant field.So search help doesn't work.

I  found yesterday note 001997690  and I did it manuelly but it isn't correct

You can see in attachment document.

9 REPLIES 9

nikolayevstigneev
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

If you open search help MEKKI in SE11, you'll see that it returns MM contracts filtered by several criteria. The choice method (M_MEKKI) is table join: EKKO & EKPO. Please, pay special attention to the join conditions:

1) EKKO-BSTYP = 'K'. It's ok, we're choosing contracts.

2) EKPO-PACKNO > '0000000000'. That means this field shouldn't be empty. In our system this field is empty for all records, so I also get no results from the search help. What about this field in your system?

You can try to find another search help for your requirements or copy the mentioned one to a Z search help without the second restriction.

0 Kudos

you can see at picture.I select 1000000 number but MEK return in search help.Plant is same as Material Group.I think there is another problem.

0 Kudos

Sorry, I guess, I didn't understand the problem. You use search help MEKKI trying to find MM contracts.

I select 1000000 number but MEK return in search help.

1000000 number is an input for what field? Can you provide screenshots of selection criteria and hit list?

0 Kudos

Yes;I'll  explain again.

I use MEKKI search help.But it doesn't run.

I selected plant but  return decription instead 1210.

You will see pictures.

0 Kudos

Thanks for screenshots, now I got it.

Both pictures show that search help is used for selection-screen field. I think, first of all you should exclude from consideration programming errors.

Please, check program selection screen. Does the field p_ebeln have "MATCHCODE OBJECT" addition or search help is shown manually somehow?

Is there any difference in behaviour when you run search help from ZMM*27 program and directly from SE11?

0 Kudos

there is no different from se11 or zmm*27.I used MEKK search help.

MEKKI serach help in MEKK search help.but it works wrongly.

0 Kudos

Then it seems that either search help got broken (for example, after upgrade) or someone has dived his playful hands into it (you can start from FM HELP_EXIT_FOR_MEKK, please, search for modifications / enhancements).

0 Kudos

I  found yesterday note 001997690  and I did it manuelly but it isn't correct.

Why do I search enhancement or modification for standard search help?

0 Kudos
Why do I search enhancement or modification for standard search help?

Because the search help's behaviour differs from the expected one. In my system MEKKI / MEKK work fine in the sense of filling the plant right. So, either it is

- a known error (but then we would be able to find the note fixing it. I also found the one you've already mentioned, you say it didn't help),

- an unknown error and you'll need help from SAP (there always is such possibility but it is quite low and I believe that a bug in such functionality won't exist for a long time),

- an error which is relevant only for you (search help is modified somehow). If you know there were no upgrades recently which could affect it I would suspect manual corrections made by someone.

I've seen more weird things as a result of someone's enhancements.

As for me, I would have already debugged the logic of the search help (yep, it's usually not so evident but sometimes it's the only way to find out the truth ).