cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Management (Auto select)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts,

Is there a way to  set AR documents to automatically select the oldest batch for each item without having to open the batch page and press auto select button every time for each one? (auto select for all items with one touch)

OR

to add a field in the document that will display all available batches and choose one of them?

Regards,

Alkis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alkis,

You should be auto select at the time of delivery. System Automatically select the oldest batch.

At the time of adding the document you show all the batch and select any one of them manually.    

Regards

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alkis,

While creation of Batches do you fill the details for Admission date, Manufacturing Date, Expiry Date etc?

Regards,

Bhushan Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

All I need is expiry date, but if necessary we could fill them

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Ok so if i am not wrong then, u sort your oldest batch according to the expiry date.

There is no option for the auto selection of batch at the row level you need to select that through the batch selection window, but yes you can sort the batches according to the above mentioned details.

So this will make easy in sorting and selection of your batches.

Regards,

Bhushan Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thanks for your immediate support. I am aware of how B1 works with batches. I just need to know if any one has come with a work around to avoid doing this for all the items in the document. My client issues many invoices everyday with 30 or 40 batch-managed items on each ( they sell  food products). The rule is that he always chooses the oldest batch unless there is a reason. Now in order to complete such an invoice, he has to perform around 150-200 clicks which is very time consuming. I understand the philosophy behind it but this doesn't suit our needs. Maybe a checkbox in the inventory set up would be convenient or an add-on to autoselect all items at once would be the solution.

Regards,

Alkis