cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant Assignment on Sales Org and Distribution channel

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Sales organization 1000 having distribution channel 10 is assign to plant 1100 in spro.

and this plant 1100 is assign to company code 1000.

Sales organization 2000 having distribution channel 20 is assign to plant 1200 in spro.

and this plant 1200 is assign to company code 2000.

User create a material where he choose plant 1200 and sales organization 1000 and distribution channel 10, system create this material successfully.

I want system should give the error message if that particular plant is not assign to particular sales org and distribution channel.

I have check the assignment customizing, where every assignment looks perfect.

can any one have any idea.

regards,

ik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Imran

This is allowed because Plant data is stored in MARC table while sales org data in MVKE, they don't have any link to check the assignments.

For your requirement, you can use ABAP code to choose respective plant.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Hi Imran,

yes, this happens because SAP has in purpose allow it, in order to cover the Intercompany Sales scenarios.

First, check if TVKWZ table has the entry which you don want, i.e 1000 / 10 / 1200.

Then, you can remove this entry.

Also, there are some cases that you want to use the same master data for more than one Distribution Channels (common Channel).

I hope this to help.

Thank you,

Nikos

former_member204407
Active Contributor

Hi,

I think its standard behavior by the system if you want to control like that  go for some development.

1.Take the help of ABAPER and create a  Z table with combination of Material type(custom)/Plant/Sales org/Distribution channel

2.Use ZMM01 (Custom Transaction code) or MM01 as per your requirement.

3.Call the Z table while creation of Material master for MM01 or ZMM01 (Transaction code) check the entries whether maintained in the table or not.

If the entry found allow the user to create Material Master else show error message as per your business requirement.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

hi Rachit, in intercompany billing also we have to assigned the plant of different company code to our sales organisation and distribution channel.

Me also facing the same problem like imran bhai.

Regards

Bijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bijay,

As per earlier replies I think its standard behaviour by the system that is allowing  you to create material in different sales area. What you need to do is go for development mentioned above with te help of abaper.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This scenario is applicable if you are doing inter-company sales. Plant of other company code is assigned to other company sales organization & distribution channel.

But it needs to be assigned in SPRO, So please check the assignment again for Sales Organization/Distribution Channel and Plant or else delete and and re assign them.

Regards

Rachit

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rachit,

Done again but nothing feel like you said.

system allow to make material...

regards,

imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Imran,

Can you please check the sales area in SPRO. If the same distribution channel is being assigned for the Sales Org 2000 also i.e. Distribution channel 10 & Sales org  2000.

If yes please assign the distribution channel to relevant Sales org. and then check whether material is getting created or not.

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

this distribution channel is using on both sales organization.

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check one more time Plant and Company code assignment (OX18) & Sales Organisation ,Distribution channel and plant assignment(OVX6) in enterprise structure for both the company codes 1000 & 2000.

Thanks,

Krishna.

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna Kumar,

I have checked it again, all as per mention above.

regards,

Imran khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Please check the table   TVKWZ for Sales Org 1000 and Dist Chnl 10  whether you have entry 1200.

VNR

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Any update gurus.

regrads

naveen_kaluti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Imran,

I feel this is a standard SAP behavior, however you can add code one of the below user exits to stop this.

MGA00001

MGA00002

MGA00003

Please let us know if this works.

Regards,

Naveen K.

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Naveen K,

Its look like a standard behavior, but the question is that if we assign sales organization and distribution channel to a plant than why this happen.

Is there any SAP logic that overrule all that, so that we can conveyance to client, because I don't find any logic to whom I make a base and communicate to the user.

regards,

imran