cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Number of Drums getting placed in A Bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have Placement Strategy C and SUM active.

The capacity of Bins are defined as 4 EA

While in Matl Master we maintain LE Qty equal to one Drum Capacity e.g. 250 Kg

Hence when I receive 2000 Kg consignment , this is equal to 8 Drums and hence system will place in Two Bins. And It will generate 4 Storage Unit Number and 4 Quants per Bin.  Capacity of Bin utilised is 100%

Upto this it is fine.

However if we receive part Qty. of multiple Materials , ( say LE Qty of all Matl is 250 Kg)  e.g. 100 Kg of Matl A , 50 Kg of Matl. B, 30 Kg of Matl C, 90 Kg of Matl A , 100 Kg of Matl B , 50 Kg of Matl F etc.  then system try to place as much Qty in a Bin till Capacity utilised is near 100% and in this process program place more than 4 Drums in a Bin ( more than 4 Quants) and this is incorrect placement for us.

Please let me know how I can control the placement based on Number of Quants. i.e. When Number of Quants are 4 and even if there is capacity available in a Bin, system should not determine this Bin.

Currently we are manually putting the placement block before receiving the Partial Quantities, but we are looking for permanent soln. Another issue I am facaing is since the Palcement Strategy is 'C" we can not activate user Exit.

Please Help,

JK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What inspection method for capacity did you use for your storage type?

Check in any case OSS note 392776 - Capacity check in the Warehouse Management

Answers (0)