cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we need to import Private Key of FTPS Server aswell?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to pick up the file from FTPS server using PI 7.3, Which certificates we need to import in NWA Trusted CA key store view, is it private/public key pair or only servers public key certificate, the reason for this question is they don't want to provide private key certificate they only providing public key because they are saying private key is only used for server and for security reasons they don't want to provide it.

They are asking why you need our private key certificate, what motivation I can provide them in order to get the public and private key certificate from them?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Rachana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts any input please....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rachana,

No one will provide their private key certificate and also you don't need their private key for encryption so you need only Public key certificates for encryption . 

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudra,

Thanks for the reply, I imported the public certificate with chain certificates but it is not visible when I try to select keystore and X.509 Certificate and PrivateKey in the communication channel. and more over in the communication channel parameter name why it is asking private key?? (X.509 Certificate and Private Key)

Thanks for the clarification.

Rachana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rachana,

Please check the below link.

check if you have configured properly.. that option is for client authentication .

• If you want the adapter to authenticate itself to the FTP server by X.509 certificate and public key cryptography, select Use X.509 Certificate for Client Authentication.The corresponding key/certificate pair must be saved in a keystore view of AS Java.
  • Enter the Keystore and the X.509 Certificate and Private Key.

Hope this will help you to understand.

Regards,