cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic number assignment functionality in SAP PS?

former_member198942
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

I am unable to use the functionality available in SAP PS for automatic number assignment in SAP PS. Can anyone tell me how to use this functionality.

I have configured this in the below SPRO path:

SPRO--->Project System-->Structures-->Operative Structures-->Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)-->Project Coding Mask-->Define Special Characters for Projects

I tried to assign this % in the project defination and WBS element field but it doesnt propose any number automatically? How to use it?

Please provide some example.

Regards

Murad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shareeq_hussain
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Murad,

What is the error Message you get  ?

Regards,

Shareeq

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

have you define coding mask for project from

SPRO--->Project System-->Structures-->Operative Structures-->Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)-->Project Coding Mask-->define project coding mask

former_member198942
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mukesh

I have done all those settings and have been using the coding masks for defining project definationa nd WBS element ID's. I have no issues with it, only need to know how to use the Automatic number assignment functionality? Can you provide some screens with test data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For WBS:

In CJ20N-> Create WBSE, here system will pick automatically the running number. If you havn't create running no at last then it will create like Abb-0001-1, Abb-0001-2 n so on.

Other way for Project Definition, you can use CJ2D,

Here you can choose, find next open number button, here you have to enter start/finish value then system will automatically pick the next available number.

Regards

Shishir

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murad,

1. If the Automatic assignment is not provided in config

After you create a project, you will assign a WBS element, system will request you to propose the naming for WBS element

2. If the Automatic assignment is provided in config

System will assign the WBS element automatically in an order.

Is this information you are looking for ?

Regards

Terence

former_member198942
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats wat I was looking for.

Thanks indeed.