cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS - FTP Docs to FileZilla/Server (Download to FTP server path)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a requirement to transfer files from SAP DMS to FTP Server (FileZilla/Global Scape).

How should I go ahead. I should be able to check out the document to FTP server path.

This should be done by the CV** transaction as well as a program.

Your valuables comments would greatly be appreciated.

Regards

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the solution for those who are having similar requirement.

If you are not using the Knowledge Provider for storing and checking in original application files you can only store original application files in a vault that is managed by DMS. In Customizing of Document Management you must therefore in this case not set the indicator Storage using the Knowledge Provider . You have made the required setting under  Control data  Define document types.

Prerequisites for the Vault without DVA

The following table shows the settings you must make to set up a vault without DVA. In Customizing for theDocument Management System , choose  General Data  Define  Data  Carriers.

Activities for the Vault without DVA

Step

Activity

Define data carrier type vault

Define vault (without specifying the DVA computer)

Defines access path for vault

Define mount points / logical drive

Defines the prefix for the access path, for accessing the data carrier (logical drive)

Prerequisites for the Vault with DVA

The following table shows the settings you must define in Customizing for the Document Management System to set up a vault with DVA, by choosing General Data.

Activities for the Vault with DVA

Step

Activity

Maintain global settings

Determines whether you want to use Direct Vault Access(DVA) to transfer original application files from a vault to the frontend computer.

Define Data Carriers

1. Define data carrier type vault

2. Define vault (specifying the DVA computer)

Define Number Ranges for Vaults

Check the number ranges for the vault

Note Note

If you activate DVA in the global settings, you cannot store original files in vaults that are accessed via an application server.

Features

When you save an original application file to a vault, the system generates a file name for it from an internal number range. This number range is predefined in the standard system.

The following graphic shows the data transfer procedure for an original application file. This graphic shows both the transfer of an original application file via an application server and direct transfer between frontend computer and vault.

( )

Activities

1. Go to the Basic Data screen .
  2. Check whether the original file is stored on a server or a frontend computer.
  3. You can only perform the Check-in vault function for files that are stored on a server or frontend computer.
  4. Choose  Extras  Originals  File 1(2)  Check in vault.
  5. A dialog box appears containing all the vaults defined in Customizing for the Document Management System under  General Data  Define Data Carriers.
  6. Choose a vault.

The system saves the original application file to the chosen vault using a number assigned from an internal number range.

You see the message: File checked in to vault <Vault name>.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

if the FTP Server path can be mapped as network drive than you should be able to use the "copy to" function in CV03N or CV02N to save files on this network path.

The achieve the desired behavior the system must be able to access the FTP server path.

Best regards

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christoph,

Sorry for the late reply, I was trying your option in mean time.

What are the configurations, I need to maintain, so that on COPY TO, I save the file to the FTP Server Path?

Currently I have maintained the Data Carrier/FTP user Name/PSWD / FTP Path in the DMS setting.

But am I missing something. And How do I verify these settings?

Your help is very much required .

Regards,

Rahul