cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM optimizer CPU utilization mostly 0%

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My SAP and DB are running on the same host. And its an SCM 5.0 system.

I observed that the idle time is always 100% for the optimizer.

Can anyone please elaborate the role of this optmizer and why the idle time is always 100.

for my SCM system, the CPU utlization keeps varying which is normal, but i dont get the role of optmizer.

Please let me know.

BR

Prashanth chikbala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Optimizer is used for certain planning methods, including SNP optimizer, Capacity leveling optimizer, deployment optimizer, PPDS optimizer, CTM etc. If you do not use any of the planning methods, optimizer will not be used.

Best Regards,
Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the reply Ada,

We can see in our production system that in tcode /n/sapapo/opt09, there are 2 optimization servers maintained.

DPS02

SNP02

Which i pressume is being used for demand planning and SNP planning methods ?

In other words, how can we check if any of the planning methods are being used at all in our SCM 5.0 production system ? Please clarify. Iam a newbee in SCM and APO.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

They're for PPDS and SNP. There's no optimizer method in Demand Planning (DP).
However it's strange that you only have two optimizer servers. If you install the optimizer engine correctly, and configured SM59 correctly, I think you should see all of them, no matter you will use them or not ...
Whether or not optimizer is used is decided by your business. If any planning with optimizer has been executed, you should be able to see a log in /sapapo/opt11 (of course unless you or system deleted them).

Best Regards,
Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot again for the reply.

I have checked  in /sapapo/opt11 and I am able to see only SNP related logs however the status are in yellow and when I click the log buttun it throws a pop with a message that "no log exist".

And in SM59, under TCP/IP i can see 4 rfc connections (OPTSERVER_SNP01, OPTSERVER_SNP02, OPTSERVER_DPS01, OPTSERVER_DPS02) and for all these connection test is working successfully.

So from this can I canclude that the planning method are not being used and for that reason CPU Utilization is 0%?

Best Regads,

Prashanth Chikbala

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like no optimizer has been executed since last installation of optimizer server ...

Answers (0)