cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWPM orchestrated DB export produces no export_state.properties file

Former Member
0 Kudos

4.5.2 Restarting R3load Processes in SAP Systems Based on SAP NetWeaver Application-ABAP on Windows-714-011000358700000887092012E manual for SWPM states that:

"You can restart failed or canceled R3load processes while the Migration Monitor is still running. The state files export_state.properties and import_state.properties (see Output Files [page 100]) allow package states to be manually updated to restart failed R3load processes" (p. 38).

I have used the "out-of-the-box" system copy - source DB export - with SWPM which was interrupted due to network outage.  Could not find the exprt_state.properties file in either the export directory or the sapinst_exe.xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx directory.  Tried resuming the export operation - without success.

Are the *.properties files a legacy of the old, manual R3load activation?  On what conditions are these created?

Thank you,

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chen,

SWPM "wraps" migration monitor.  I did not find the file still.  The export process has finished successfully after re-run with no .properties file.

Andrew

CharlesChen
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

So what was version of the SWPM in use?

And which product and version you ran the export for?

Best regards,

Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chen,

Thank you for the effort.  I will not be able to answer your questions though - I am off that site.  I think SWPM was of the latest version. Product was SAP BS 7i 2010 EP 5 for SAP ERP 6.0. This was a POC that may turn into a project at some later point but is finished for now .

Thank you anyway,

Andrew

CharlesChen
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

The exprt_state.properties file will be created by migration monitor for both auto and manual export.

It should be stored in the same folder where the log sapinst.log is located.

Best regards,

Charles