cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CR Content 7.8 in LMDB too low, synchronization from SLD in progress

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to configure "system preparation" --->"Set Up LMDB". It always shows "SAP CR Content 7.8 in LMDB too low, synchronization from SLD in progress."

I click "show "

Actually, I upgraded SAP CR Content and cimsap according to SAP Note:669669. It seems SAP CR Content ver should be 10.x not 7.8. But I don't know why it still shows me "SAP CR Content 7.8 in LMDB".

Anyone has idea for SAP CR Content Ver?

Thanks,

Eric

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wei ,

You have to  update the CR content both in the solution manager systema nd your SLD system  ( if they are different ) . If you have done that  do an SLD trigger from RZ70  and try once again

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Thanks for your response soon. You mean I should update SAP CR content on both of SLD and Solman system. But I only find most articles from internet about update SAP CR content in SLD. Not sure how to update SAP CR content in solman. Can you share any article for that?

Thanks,

Eric

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wei ,

This is the same as you have done for your SLD . Every SAP Java system has an SLD service including solution manager

There are many documents in SCN for this . The following should help you though

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

I should update same way last time. It seems it's "Note 669669 - Updating the SAP Component Repository in the SLD" not in solution manager. 

Or you mean I should do update action twice as same.

Eric

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wei ,

It is the same way .

As  mentioned earlier  SLD is present in all java systems including the solution manager  . So in your landscape you might be using the features of another Java system as the productive  / Development SLD   ( You may not be using the SLD service available in solution manger , but still it has an SLD service and can be patched as any other )

The warning you are getting is because  the SLD in your solution manager ie ( http://<SOLUTIONMANAGER HOSTNAME>:5<InstanceNumber>00/sld ) is not patched for the CR content .

You may ignore this warning or patch it  ( the SLD present in your solution manager )to the same level of your actual SLD .

The procedure is the same .

Thanks ,

Manu

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not necessarily the best way to go about this. In general you should only have one SLD system actually in use (it's true the functionality is present in all AS Java systems, but in most of them you leave it unconfigured). What matters here is which SLD is your Solution Manager synchronizing the LMDB from. That's the only one you need to worry about ensuring is up to date with the CR Content.

So, if you have updated your SLD, but SolMan thinks it hasn't been, then the likely cause is that your SolMan isn't reading from the correct SLD, and that's what you need to fix.

There are scenarios where you may choose to use more than one SLD, but in most cases you don't need to do this. If you are doing this, then you will need to set up synchronization between the various SLD systems.

I wrote a blog post last September about problems that may be encountered when migrating SLD away from Solution Manager. Although not the main point of the blog, I have pointers in there toward how to check (and correct) where SolMan is receiving updates from: . Specifically, look at step 5 in the blog.

Regards,

Matt

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Matt . Up to this point i  believed that  you need to patch the CR content of the solution manager after installation  even if you are using a different SLD . But after reading your above suggestions , i did some real surfing in the net and found you are absolutely right

SAP note 1701770 confirms the upfates will be forwarded to the solution manager .

Hi Wei ,

Please check sap Note 1962333 

notes mentioned in  6.2 should help you

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I follow your blog steps. Del old and add to sync SLD to LMDB.

But I wait for a few hours and it still shows 1%. Is it normal?

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Thanks for your helpful answers. They are really useful for me to understand well SLD and LMDB.

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just wait for a few hours. It's finished.

Thanks,

Eric