cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically loading html viewer through script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Is there any possible way to load a html viewer with new url through javascript. I already knew ways to dynamically load the url in html viewer by assigning number and selecting the texbox for input.

But in my case , iam experiencing a trouble in loading the web page. When ever there is a curley braces like www.website.com/site={1} THE site is giving an error . but this does not happen for all other link. And also if i run the same link in browser its showing expected output. but if i try the same in htmlviewer its not displaying the same output.I guess that this happens because of the curly braces.if i run the url without the braces it runs in html viewer.

This is what iam getting in html viewer.

And this is the link iam passing into the html viewer

Regards,

Kiran Gasmar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Carifaine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I found that variables without a value, e.g. "Mgmt%2fDashboard" from your screenshot get erased. Please try to create value-additions like "Mgmt%2fDashboard=true" or something similar. Screen Personas seems to delete variables without a follow-up value like "=123", don't ask me why. A customer of mine had this issue as well. You get a problem here if the corresponding website is not able to ignore the addition.

former_member189842
Participant
0 Kudos

Are u guys leaving any space before or after the curly braces? or, is there a space in the variable value of 1 and 2? check that first.

sivaganesh_krishnan
Contributor
0 Kudos

No space is there in the link. The URL is encoded too.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Did you verify the actual URL that's being sent?

In Internet Explorer, you can click on F12 and go to the Network tab. Start capturing then click on the button or do whatever is necessary to activate/refresh the HTML viewer. Check if the URL sent is correct, i.e. doesn't contain extra blanks, other characters etc.

It should match the exact URL that you know to be working OK.

sivaganesh_krishnan
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am exprencing the same issue in my case, part of the url is getting erased while sending during F12 check.

Regards,

Sivaganesh