Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autorization Object M_BEST_WRK can be used in SES approvals?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to know if the same autorization object we use in Purchase order releases - M_BEST_WRK - can be used to separate the Service Entry Sheet releases by Plant? Or do we have to use antoher autorization object to asure that the service manager from plant 1 can not  release the SES belonging to plant 2?

Thanks for any reply.

Aart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Meh. A short look at SU24 with TCode ML85 could have shown you that, yes, in ML85 M_BEST_WRK is an object that will be checked.

If you release SES coming from ML81N - same checks.

Different for ML81 (and doesn't work properly, either), which is why one shouldn't use this "old" transaction anymore. It IS useful for old batch-inputs, though (if you still have those).

4 REPLIES 4

former_member215526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think information can help you.

Regards,

Xavier

0 Kudos

Thanks,

But I need to know if the same authorization object can be used with trx. ML85 (SES release) to  separate SES from different plants.

Or does one has to use another authorization object?

Bye

Aart

0 Kudos

Hi,

isn't the easiest option to run authorization trace ST01 on ML85 and see what is being check during SES approval? You could get another a hint from looking at authorization defaults in SU24 for ML85.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Meh. A short look at SU24 with TCode ML85 could have shown you that, yes, in ML85 M_BEST_WRK is an object that will be checked.

If you release SES coming from ML81N - same checks.

Different for ML81 (and doesn't work properly, either), which is why one shouldn't use this "old" transaction anymore. It IS useful for old batch-inputs, though (if you still have those).