cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-publishing code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Absolute newbie question: I have written a report (in SAP BusinessObjects Crystal Reports 2013 SP1) and, using BusinessObjects Enterprise Central Management Console I published and scheduled it. All is lovely. Then I decided to amend the code slightly. Question: is there a way to re-publish the code without having to re-enter all the details/scheduling/etc in the CMC?

Edit: I assume I cannot just logon to the repository and edit/save the report as the version of BOXi is behind the Crystal Reports I am on?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes and no.

1.  For the existing report in the CMC, right-click and go to "Refresh Options".  Turn OFF "Default database logon information."  This will ensure that the database credentials that you've set in the Database Configuration for the report do not get overwritten.

2.  Open the report in Crystal - you should be able to log in to your BO system by selecting "Enterprise".  You can then either open the report that's stored in your BO system and save it when you're finished or open it from a file and do "Save As" to save over the one in your BO system.  This is how you keep the existing previously scheduled instances and don't end up with multiple copies of the report itself with different revisions.

3.  Unfortunately, unlike Webi, this will NOT update the report in any pending/recurring schedules.  When you schedule a report BO saves a copy of the report as it was at the time it was scheduled.  Updating the report "Template" does not update any copies included in schedules.  You also cannot use "Reschedule" to do a new schedule - that will pick up the version of the report that was saved with the original schedule.  Instead, you have to schedule the report from scratch to get it working correctly.

-Dell

Answers (0)