Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM: Application Specific component controller

somnath
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear -

I was referring

and facing an issue with the component configuration. As per the tutorial , it is using OIF_COMP_CONF_APPCC as the component configuration. Unfortunately I am not able to find this component in my SAP instance.

I searched the forum but unable to find any thread which I can refer to, Could some one put some help on this, please?

Also in my case the screen for UIBB is bit different than what being shown in the tutorial , as a new comer to this topic , I am facing little issues to follow the given approach.

Any help is appreciated!

- Thanks  , Somnath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vivek_priyadarshi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

OIF_COMP_CONF_APPCC is just an alias used by presenter for his demo, done worry about it. Generally its a good practice to use a Z component configuration name when creating one for you custom FPM application ( eg; Z_OIF_COMP_CONF_APPCC).

If you are trying to find the AppCC for a standard SAP FPM you are using you can do the following:

1. Find the component configuration name ( execute FPM, right click and check technical settings ).

2. open FLUID for the floorplan configuration of your application. Choose Start of the navigation path General Settings Next navigation step Floorplan Settings Next navigation step Application Controller Settings

Check the sap help on AppCC

Also attached are screenshots of a test FPm application I developed with a Z component configuration and an AppCC assigned in the FLUID editor.

Regards,

Vivek

somnath
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vivek for your reply.

OIF_COMP_CONF_APPCC is just an alias used by presenter for his demo, done worry about it.

What do you mean by Alias and why I can't see that available component configuration in my case. Though other configuration starting with OIF is available.

Could you please elaborate this ?

- Thanks , Somnath

vivek_priyadarshi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

By Alias I mean it's a name which the presenter chose for the demo. As I said earlier, I think it was a bad choice not adding a Z at the beginning ( customer namespace convention...). You will not find the OIF_COMP_CONF_APPCC component configuration in you system if it's not shipped as part of a SAP preloaded demo application.

if you are trying to create a demo application you could follow steps in the presentation and use OIF_.... name and that way you will have one in your system.

Regards,

Vivek

somnath
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vivek , I understood your note. Let me try with the option in having Z as prefix and prepare the application. I would prefer to keep the thread open reason, in between if I get stuck then I can continue with the same thread.

- Thanks , Somnath

somnath
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek -

Somehow I can't follow the demo fully as a few things are not clear for me. For example the override_event_oif is not getting triggered in my case, may be I am a bad follower

Anyways, do you know how to check / test the FPM_OIF_DEMO_CARR_APPCC or any other demo application which I can try to understand this in better way.

- Thanks , Somnath

vivek_priyadarshi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Somnath,

Try testing demo application FPM_DEMO_OIF_ADMIN_Advanced from SE80 transaction in your system. Before execution put a break point in METHOD override_event_oif of COMPONENTCONTROLLER of FPM_OIF_ADMIN_CONF_EXIT web dynpro component.

Unfortunately "Where used" is not very helpful in backtracing the application or webdynpro component from a component configuration.

Hope you know how to backtrace, if now drop a note, i will share some screenshots to explain.

Regards,

Vivek