cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI for MAC, 'New Connection' Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

I have recently installed the SAP GUI 7.30 for Mac. However, I have encountered a problem with enter a new connection at the logon screen. I already have the GUI on Windows. I have the server information for the Windows GUI. These are how the system entry properties are laid out on Windows:

Description: ECC

Application Server: ***IP address

System Number: ##

System ID: E##

My problem is that I am unsure how to enter this info into the logon screen of the Mac GUI. I am aware from viewing other discussions about the similar issues that when I go to 'add new connection', I should enter the server information under the 'advanced' tab.

All I need to know is the entry format for this field following the 'conn=' that is already provided. How should the server information provided above from Windows be entered in the horizontal format on Mac?

Thank you for your time.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

on bottom left of the "new connection" dialog, there is a help button which displays the relevant part of the manual. There you find a reference to the "Advanced" tab, which explains, what to do there.

From there you can navigate to the list of parameters, the first parameter described is "conn", which includes a reference to the syntax how to define a connection string.

If you have your complete landscape of SAP systems configured for using with SAP GUI for Windows already, you might want to consider to convert the configuration files to the format used in SAP GUI for Java.

You should start with SAP GUI for Java 7.40, the 7.30 version is facing EOL 31.3.2015.

For the 7.40 version, the documentation how to convert the files is described in the SAP UI Landscape Configuration Guide (for SAP GUI for Java 7.40).

In case you insist in using SAP GUI for Java 7.30, you can use the SAP GUI for Java Configuration Generator Scripts available on the page, but be aware that they are not officially supported.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

1.  Have you check the any firewall blocking the SAPgui port?

2. From you Mac you can ping the SAP server host? example - Ping (SAP host name or IP)

BR

SS