Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learn PPM and cFolders

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I want to learn PPm and cFolders implementation and its functionality. The same I will do and test in IDES client.(which is here upgraded to EhP 6.0)

Can you please guide me on how to start this self  learning and what should be the approach for it.

Which is the minimum level of EhP to get PPM and cFolders activated in SAP?

Thanks & Regards

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TudorRiscutia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

For PPM, I strongly recommend SAP Press book:

https://www.rheinwerk-verlag.de/project-portfolio-management-with-sap-rpm-and-cprojects_1838/

It is very well structured and gives you both a starting point and an overview of the functionalities.

or SAP Course PLM510 - Project Management with SAP Portfolio and Project Management

As for cFolders, you can search for SAP Course PLM512 - cFolders.

However, as different organizations may have completely different project management practices, you can only learn by doing...

Good luck!

Tudor

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should definitely start with th Online Help. If you have access to SAP's Online Knowledge Products via your company, you should look at the OKPs for PPM under http://service.sap.com/rkt-plm.

There was a similar inquiry just recently, have a look at my further guidance with regards to training and certification.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3684151

With regards to cFolders, you probably should only learn the basics. This solution is not further developed since it is based on BSP pages on the front-end side. What will it be used for in your implementation?

Regards, Ulf.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Petzel,

Thanks for providing me this very useful information.

Its my interest to explore my knowledge into cFolders and PPM domain as currently I am working in SAP PS domain.

May I know what is the market demand of PPM and cFolders in SAP market ? And what are the career opportunities for a consultant with learning in SAP PS,PPM and cFolders?

Kindly share your experiences on it.

Thanks & Regards

Saurabh

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

market demand for PPM is pretty good, across many industries with different scenarios, many times with PS integration needs as well. In addition, you might want to take a look at the pretty new SAP Commercial Project Management solution, which very much relies on SAP PS "under the hood".

Skilled resources in this space are pretty high in demand as well.

cFolders demand is pretty small, given so many different approaches exist to document collaboration at many companies.

For product data collaboration, which is not the primary focus of PPM integration scenarios, cFolders is the only DMZ based option for sharing structured product data (BOMs, related materials, ECNs, ...). I think that should not be your focus though.

Regards, Ulf.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Petzel,

Very good information. Thanks.

I would like to take on PPM and CPM.

For CPM, is there any PLM series or any good link or SAP forum, Useful link which document its functionality and the approach to enhance learning in this area, so that one can test CPM scenarios on one's testing client/sandbox and understand how it actually functions and the UX of it?

Thanks & Regards

Saurabh

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check this YouTube video to get an idea:

SAP Commercial Project Management: Successful project business - YouTube

and of course the Online Help:

SAP Commercial Project Management - SAP Library

Not sure whether you are with an SAP partner - our partners can request their own cloud-based instance of our demo environments.

https://partneredge.sap.com/en/partnership/sales/demo/showroom.html

Regards, Ulf.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ulf.

Will back here to clear my doubts while going through these links.

Many Thanks for your help.

Regards

Saurabh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Any pointers on it please?

Thanks.