cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of SAP Sourcing 9.0 on NW Java 7.3 greater than SP03

john_studdert
Participant
0 Kudos

The install guide for SAP Sourcing 9.0 specifies that the underlying NetWeaver Java stack must be version 7.30 SP03 exactly. Is it possible (and supported) to install Sourcing 9.0 (SP17) directly on a newer NW Java 7.30 SP level? The specific version I have in mind is NW 7.30 SP11.

If not, is it supported to patch the underlying NW stack after installing Sourcing 9.0? And if so, are there any steps that need to be taken for Sourcing itself as part of the post-processing?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can use a newer SP version.  SP03 would be the minimum.  In addition, you could in fact update the SP after the fact. There is typically no additional considerations for the Sourcing application.  But do keep in mind if you take an SP before our team has had a chance to QA the latest SP you could find an issue.

Regards,

Gary

john_studdert
Participant
0 Kudos

Perfect Gary, thank you very much for the weekend reply as well, as that was very helpful!

If I might suggest though, I think the documentation should be updated to explicitly state that SP03 is just the minimum, not an exact requirement. The way this is phrased in the installation and the upgrade guide (for both the pre- and post- SP11 versions) is a bit misleading.

I guess then you'd need to include your proviso about being careful how recent an SP you patch to - but then there should be somewhere this can be checked (what the newest SP level your team have tested against/support is)?

Thanks again!

Answers (0)