cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Carrier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since from 5 years I am working with .net developer. Within this time, I have learnt many .net based technology and gathered lots of business. Revolution of technology I am very confused to build up career in the future in .net. And I have taken a decision that I will switch my carrier .net to SAP. At this time will it suitable for me? I cannot think that my 5 years’ experience is being gone to hell. Please tell me my decision is right or not. Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Md.

Your development experience is not completely back to square one. You could look at switching to SAP form of development (searchh for ABAP, Java, UI5, eve HANA development, etc). Development concepts could help you. However, you will still be taking some steps back to square 1 to learn the "SAP way".

I'm not a developer, but recommend you search this space and you will find some advise for development. In the mean time, you could look at open.sap.com for HANA courses and search for ABAP, etc to obtain a bit of an overview on them.

Regards

Colleen

Ps - if you search this space then you will learn that we cannot tell you if it's a right or wrong career decision as only you can answer that.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Spelling mistake, this won't be Carrier. this will be career.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

by the way, this is a SAP carrier:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, I could not understand your speech, you are saying that this will be a heavy load for me if I move to SAP. please clear.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

A Common mistake in this space. Carrier is quite different to career.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the mistake

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not SAP Carrier

It should be SAP Career

Not just you, I have observed number of members committing the same mistake.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the mistake, But can u give me the answer of my questions.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need to be sorry Shohel :-), nobody is perfect in this world. We all learn from our own

mistakes 🙂

All the best.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. You are really a good man, I have decided that I will try to heart and soul to learn SAP. Brother, can u tell me that which version I will download for practicing home in the laptop (OS: Window7). Here is the some link below.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Shohel, I have no idea, I am pure functional person.

I wonder how you are managed to get the access to these softwares.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shohel,

You may download any of the above software but you will not be able to use it untill you have access to some SAP server. Please note that what you are going to download is just a software/tool. However, there are practice servers available on internet, who give username and password and derver details. You may find such if you are lucky.

Regards

Nikhil

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many many thanks to you for giving me a good advice.

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your .net experience doesn't count for much in the SAP world, I'm afraid.

You can try to move into ABAP development, but don't give up your day job!

cheers

Paul