cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobilink Crashes or not Responding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Recently we moved our mobilink 12 server to another physical server due to the previous server started to give  problem.

The migration was easy since both servers are running the same OS, initially the mobilink server seems to be running fine until a couple of hours the mobilink server will just crashed. on some occassion, the mobilink server does not crashed but the console will show 'not responding' message and it will not respond to another sync request.

I had checked the crash log, but it doesn't give much info.

Can someone shed some light to this problem on where could probably be go wrong? On both occasions, we would need to kill the mobilink process and start it up, and the service will be up for a couple of hours without any problem until it crashed.

below is the crash log

VERSION=12.0.1.3152

FILENAME=C:\ProgramData\SQL Anywhere 12\diagnostics\MLS12_20150123_155658_8640.crash_log

OS=Windows 2008R2 Build 7601 Service Pack 1

PROCESSOR=X86_64

EXEC_ARCH=X86_64

EXEC_PATH=C:\Program Files\SQL Anywhere 12\bin64\mlsrv12.exe

MODULE_PATH=C:\Program Files\SQL Anywhere 12\bin64\mlsrv12.exe

EXCEPTION_PTR=000000000BCDF870

EXCEPTION_CODE=3221225477

EXCEPTION_FLAGS=0

EXCEPTION_RECORD=0000000000000000

EXCEPTION_ADDRESS=000000014001B2B0

EXCEPTION_NumParameters=2

EXCEPTION_Param0=0000000000000000

EXCEPTION_Param1=0000000000000048

TRYING_TO_SAVE_MINI_DUMP C:\ProgramData\SQL Anywhere 12\diagnostics\MLS12_20150123_155658_8640.dmp

DUMPLEVEL 0

SAVING_MINI_DUMP_COMPLETED

CRASH_LOG_COMPLETE

ATTEMPTING_TO_SUBMIT_MINIDUMP...

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ryan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jeff_albion
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

If you run "dbsupport -sa", does the above crash log get submitted to us successfully? If not, can you open a support incident so we can take a look at the crash information further?

---

You're currently running the base install of SQL Anywhere 12.0.1, which is the generally released version. You will likely want to see if a newer SQL Anywhere Support Package resolves the crash for you.

Regards,

Jeff Albion

SAP Active Global Support

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff and Arcady,

thanks for your help.

Will try the workaround suggested by Arcady and at the sametime checkout the support package given by Jeff.

Hi Jeff,

I had never opened a support incident before, may I know how I can do it? and do I need an active support subscription for this?

Thanks

jeff_albion
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Yes, you will need an SAP Technical Support agreement - you can contact SAP Sales for more information. Once you have an active support plan, you can go to http://support.sap.com/ and go to "Open an Incident".

Regards,

Jeff Albion

SAP Active Global Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

noted, I will get my team to subscribe to SAP support.

Thanks

former_member329524
Active Participant
0 Kudos

See if this thread contains useful info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arcady,

unfortunately my error is different from yours.

For our case the mobilink did not complaint about scripts  error,

the mobilink instance will just crashed suddenly without any log (using -v+ option)

except for the crash log..

Our server is running Windows Server 2008 SP1

Regards

Ryan

former_member329524
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When it is not responding, did you try to look at the connection view of the DB it connects to to see if there are blocked connections? Especially the mobilink connection itself?

former_member329524
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Regarding the crash case.

The brute-force workaround seems to be to edit the properties of the mobilink server service in Windows. In the recovery tab, set the service to restart after all failures.

My server used to crash 4 times per day, now it does not crash at all. Well, it does crash, but there is no downtime, which is good, isn't it....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arcady,

your workaround works wonder , YOU ARE MY SAVIOUR

thanks

former_member329524
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Ryan

We are experiencing a similar issue

I am about to open a separate thread for it.

Did you try to run it with -v+ option?

I am going to post the suspicious output in my thread, see if this is the same problem you are getting.

Regards,

Arcady