cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input custom status and step types in ABAP workflows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have copied a standard template (Other Workflows) which triggers a CR from NWBC, can we provide a custom status and step types in Other workflows?

If yes, where do I do the modifications.

As per my understanding these templates are hardcoded with Change request status and step types.

How to go custom?

Any pointers??

Thanks,

Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As long as those custom step types and statuses are defined in the corresponding MDG configuration tables, you should be able to change the values in the copied workflow template. You will need to find the "dialog" step and change the values set in the binding to those custom values.

Another approach is to use the rule-based workflow template. See this document for more information on how to use this approach:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

How do I find the standard dialog step which i can modify?

I copied WS75700040 and have tried copying TS75707980. Now how do i modify the status at this step? as I do not see any Status in the container

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should NOT copy the TS tasks. Copying the WS workflow template should be enough. One of the TS tasks is the dialog step. Find this step (usually has an agent in the control tab when you display the details). When you display the binding of that step, you will see that it contains the step type and status fields.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sharma,

Have you checked the following activities? They can be used for defining custom actions