cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon to same system with multiple users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm experiencing some issues with the system logon in NWBC and was unable to find anything in the FAQ, so maybe someone here can help me:

I created a logon for our test system. For an authorization test I need to log on to that system using different test users (with different authorizations). However, the NWBC always logs on with the first user and skips the logon screen. I have no possibility to get back to the logon screen and switch to another user.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Marc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

I think you have two possibilities to work with different users.

1.) If you use X.509 digital certificates you can change a setting of Internet Explorer to get prompted for the client certificate. This popup can be closed without accepting the certificate and then the logon screen of NWBC appears were you can type in user and password.

The setting can be found in the security settings of IE: Tools | Internet Options | Security | Local Intranet or Trusted Sites. Click on Custom Level and scroll down to the section Miscellaneous. Search for "Don't prompt for client certificate selection when only one certificate exists" and select "Disable".

If the certificate popup appears, click on cancel to get back to the logon screen.

2.) With higher NWBC patches there exists an admin setting to avoid saving the user name into the NwbcOptions.xml. To try this option you have to open the NwbcOptions.xml from your local user path

%APPDATA%\SAP\NWBC. Open the file in any editor and search for the <RuntimeConnection> you want to use. Remove the <User> tag and save the file.

Then go to C:\ProgramData\SAP\NWBC and add the following tag/value to your admin NwbcOptions.xml file (as written in documentation you have to copy and rename NwbcOptions.xml.template into the same folder):

<SingleOptions>

<DoNotSaveConnectionUser>true</DoNotSaveConnectionUser>

</SingleOptions>

Save the file and try again.

Maybe one of these two options will help.

Best Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Simon, thank you Thomas,

we have found a workaround: We change the client in the system selector to a client that doesn't exist. Then we get to the logon screen and logon with the new user. We log off and on again, and then restart the client and then the new user is correctly buffered. So this is no longer a blocker for us.

We use SSO, but switching it off or on doesn't have an effect on the behavior. I think it is correct behavior to automatically logon with the last user, but I think what is missing is the possibility to log on with a different one..

I think the problem with the solution proposals about changing the IE settings or editing the admin settings are not very applicable in practice, because testers might have little technical background and even if they knew how to make those settings, I don't think they would have authorization for that.

By the way, we use the NWBC exclusively in the desktop client, so why would we change the settings in the IE?

Thanks,
Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

nice to hear that you already have found a workaround.

I just want to answer your question regarding the IE setting:

NWBC Desktop uses a webbrowser control for the webbased content. The control is part of Internet Explorer and that's why it uses the same settings.

The proposal with the IE settings is more an advanced option. And it is not very comfortable to get always a browser popup with some certificate content.

But the second one with the admin setting is also useful in your case. You can prepare the admin file on the test machine before the end users are working on that.

Best Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

I think you need to open a new NWBC process, then you should get the logon screen again. I guess you've probably already tried that so perhaps I am not understanding the problem correctly. Do you have any sort of SSO from the desktop configured?

Thanks,
Simon