cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to deploy custom adapter module in PI 7.31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pros,

I created a custom adapter module to split some complex input files to multiple messages. We use a SAP PO 7.31 java-only installation. I followed this document to create my adapter module:

I know it is for PI 7.1 but a colleague of mine said that he was able to create a running adapter module for PI 7.3 following the guide. I created the following projects:

EAR project references the EJB project:

Project facet of the EJBproject:

ejb-jar.xml config:

application-j2ee-engine.xml (in EAR project):

When I try to deploy my module, I get the following error:

Java version:

NWDS version:

Any hint is appreciated! What can be wrong? What can I check again?

THANKS!

Message was edited by: Stefan Münchow

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

You did not indicate the SP and patch version your PO 7.31 is on. Is it also on SP12 patch 4? Always best to use the same SP and patch level for NWDS that matches your PO version.

On another note, since you are on 7.31, you can develop the module using EJB 3.0 bean. The steps in the following blog are updated for EJB 3.0 and also the screenshots are more relevant to the newer version of NWDS. I've followed this blog and developed and deployed modules perfectly without an issue.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I followed the steps in the link provided by Eng Swee Yeoh again and it worked fine now! Module was deployed successfully.

So, maybe there was a failure in the creation of the EJB / EAR projects the first time I did it. Also, I referenced some additional jar files (more than specified in the step by step guides), possibly this has been a problem too. Following the guide for EJB 3.0 exactly did the trick.

THANKS!

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

Good to hear that the issue has been resolved.

One more thing to add - it seems there is a recurrent question in SCN on adding the adapter module JAR library files.

As stated in the comment on the blog, it is no longer needed. On NWDS 7.31 onwards, it is already supplied by the NWDS installation. Unfortunately, there is no updated blog/article on this and most are still following outdated steps

Just just need to do the following steps.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Version incompatibility.. Please try the same with NWDS 7.3 EHP 1. Hope all will work then.

Regards,

Vikas

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stegan,

Please check below SAP Note.

1599298 - NetWeaver BPM: BPMN compability error message improved

you can also refer the below threads

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if the version is the problem. We have PI 7.31, support package 14, patch level 0 and NWDS 7.31 support package 12, patch level 4. The version of NWDS is lower than the version of the PI. According to Note 1599298 the error occurs when the NWDS is higher than the one of PI. Besides, we are able to deploy BPMN processes with the same NWDS to the same server.

This is the exact exception trace shown in NWDS:

com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.deploy.DeploymentException: [ERROR CODE DPL.DCAPI.1027] DeploymentException.

Reason: ASJ.dpl_dc.001085 Operation [deploy] of [sap.com_SplitArticleFileModule_EAR] failed

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DCDeployThread.run(DCDeployThread.java:110)

------------- Nested exception -------------------

com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.deploy.DeployException: [ERROR CODE DPL.DCAPI.1027] DeploymentException.

Reason: ASJ.dpl_dc.001085 Operation [deploy] of [sap.com_SplitArticleFileModule_EAR] failed

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.deploy.impl.DeployProcessorImpl.deployItems(DeployProcessorImpl.java:862)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.deploy.impl.DeployProcessorImpl.deploy(DeployProcessorImpl.java:259)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.dc.deploy.DeployProcessor70.deploy(DeployProcessor70.java:105)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DCDeployThread.run(DCDeployThread.java:80)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.DeploymentException: ASJ.dpl_dc.001085 Operation [deploy] of [sap.com_SplitArticleFileModule_EAR] failed

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.impl.OnlineDeployProcessor.performDelivery(OnlineDeployProcessor.java:246)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.impl.BulkOnlineDeployProcessor.deploy(BulkOnlineDeployProcessor.java:67)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.impl.AbstractDeployProcessor$DeployProcessorHelper.visit(AbstractDeployProcessor.java:282)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.impl.DeploymentItemImpl.accept(DeploymentItemImpl.java:84)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.impl.AbstractDeployProcessor.deploy(AbstractDeployProcessor.java:100)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.impl.DeployThread.run(DeployThread.java:39)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.Executable.run(Executable.java:122)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.Executable.run(Executable.java:101)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.CentralExecutor$SingleThread.run(CentralExecutor.java:328)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.dc.gd.DeliveryException: [ERROR CODE DPL.DC.3298] Operation [deploy] of [sap.com_SplitArticleFileModule_EAR] failed

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.gd.impl.ApplicationDeployer.deploy(ApplicationDeployer.java:167)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.gd.impl.InitialApplicationDeployer.performDeployment(InitialApplicationDeployer.java:138)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.gd.impl.InitialGenericDeliveryImpl.deploy(InitialGenericDeliveryImpl.java:57)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.impl.OnlineDeployProcessor.performDelivery(OnlineDeployProcessor.java:213)

... 8 more

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.utils.DSRemoteException: ASJ.dpl_ds.006193 Operation [deploy] of [/usr/sap/DP2/J64/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/tc~bl~deploy_controller/archives/213/SplitArticleFileModule_EAR.ear] failed

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.catchDeploymentExceptionWithDSRem(DeployServiceImpl.java:3370)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.deploy(DeployServiceImpl.java:315)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.gd.impl.ApplicationDeployer.deploy(ApplicationDeployer.java:139)

... 11 more

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.rtgen.GenerationException: Open failed for '/usr/sap/DP2/J64/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/deploy/SplitArticleFileModule_EAR.ear1422275742985/com.sap.aii.utilxi.server.jar' with fd 218 returning message 'couldn't find 'END' tag' and errno 0 after trying cache.

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.server.deploy.preprocess.WebServicesGenerator.createSingleModule(WebServicesGenerator.java:100)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.server.deploy.preprocess.WebServicesGenerator.generate(WebServicesGenerator.java:54)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.rtgen.AnnotationsSupportingGenerator.generate(AnnotationsSupportingGenerator.java:27)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.ear.jar.moduledetect.GeneratorWrapper.generate(GeneratorWrapper.java:43)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.ear.jar.ModuleGeneratorTool.generate(ModuleGeneratorTool.java:110)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.ear.jar.ModuleGeneratorTool.generateOverExistingModules(ModuleGeneratorTool.java:97)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.ear.jar.ModuleGeneratorTool.generateModules(ModuleGeneratorTool.java:80)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.ear.jar.EARReader.read(EARReader.java:240)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.DeployUtilTransaction.prepareNewDeploymentInfo(DeployUtilTransaction.java:217)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.DeploymentTransaction.begin(DeploymentTransaction.java:199)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ApplicationTransaction.makeAllPhasesOnOneServer(ApplicationTransaction.java:421)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ApplicationTransaction.makeAllPhases(ApplicationTransaction.java:473)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.makeGlobalTransaction(DeployServiceImpl.java:1836)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.deploy(DeployServiceImpl.java:360)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.deploy(DeployServiceImpl.java:313)

... 12 more

Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: Open failed for '/usr/sap/DP2/J64/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/deploy/SplitArticleFileModule_EAR.ear1422275742985/com.sap.aii.utilxi.server.jar' with fd 218 returning message 'couldn't find 'END' tag' and errno 0 after trying cache.

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:154)

at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:141)

at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:105)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.server.deploy.preprocess.WebServicesSupportHandlerImpl.generateWebSupport(WebServicesSupportHandlerImpl.java:79)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.server.deploy.preprocess.WebServicesGenerator.createSingleModule(WebServicesGenerator.java:69)

... 26 more

Maybe the used jar files could be the problem?