cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements SAP Identity Management 8.0?

0 Kudos

Hi,

We just got our SAP Partnership and we would like to build a Identity Management showcase installation to test and to show to customers.

What licenses do we need? Licences for Netweaver and IDM or just IDM?

Is there a prebuild appliance available for deployment on Azure or Amazon? like others in SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud / Cloud Appliance Library

Are there special contracts needed?
How can we get access to the downloads? There is no 8.0 link on the frontpage?

Thanks, Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,
                    IdM is a complimentary product of SAP Netweaver which means once you have a Netweaver license you should then get access to the files from Service Marketplace with this.

I'm not aware of any prebuild unfortunately. As per Matts update - IdM 8.0 is still in rampup phase but is scheduled for release soon once the rampup is successful.

I hope this answers the questions.

Best regards,

SAP Active global Support

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

In general, licensing questions should always be directed to you SAP Representative.  Each agreement is different, but basically if you are licensed for NetWeaver, you are licensed for SAP IDM. It's outside of the SAP Landscape where things start to get tricky.

SAP IDM 8.0 is currently in Rampup, so I believe you will need to apply for access. That is why there is no download link at the moment.

No, I'm not aware of any prebuilds for SAP IDM in any version, but I do believe it has been done for AWS.  Azure should be possible, and HANA is not yet available as a back end for IDM.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Matt