cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install ADS with SUM - ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I have a Netweaver 740 Dual Stack and am trying to install usage type ADS with SUM.

I downloaded the latest version of ADS and tried to install but I get an error in the image attached.

any suggestions?

Tks.

List of software components with their current validation status, considered for update or installation. See SAP Note 1641062 for the rules for acceptance or rejection.

Component Name/Current VersionTarget Version
Archive names
TypeStatus / Required Action
ADSSAP
(not present in the system)
Vendor: sap.com  

ADSSAP09_0-20009985.SCA

Vendor: sap.com   Provider: SAP AG
SC
Rejected due to following reason(s):
• 004 : Component sap.com/ADSSAP cannot be installed.
• 005 : Components sap.com/ADSSAP is part of SAP stack definition file.

List of ignored archives : not recognized as applicable or incomplete

• ADSSAP09_0-20009985

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

Someone already installed ADS without SOLMAN? Downloading and installing the medias manually by SUM?

Tks

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then it means they installed ADS without that specific support package which cannot be installed without being part of a stack definition file using SUM.

You can use ADS patches which are of the same support package level but not newer support packages which have specific dependencies on other components. Patches and support packages are different.

Nelis

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is telling you that the software component you are trying to add cannot be installed as a single component archive.

It must be added as part of a stack with all dependencies.

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Where do I find the information ADSSAP part of the stack with all dependencies?

Tks

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normally you would use Solution Manager and Maintenance Optimiser to download the stack which will automatically select the dependencies you need. You should also be able to select additional patches during this process and the dependencies will be maintained.

The note 1641062 in the error you got explains the rules. There is no specific information for that single ADS component because it is a general rule when using SUM(as per the note).

Also check the Central Note for the version of SUM you are using. This will contain information on the various releases that it supports that you can upgrade to.

Regards,

Nelis