cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Personas 3 - Slowness when editing flavor

0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to make a custom flavor for the Sales Order transaction VA01, using SAP Screen Personas 3.0, but it's very difficult to make any changes, due to a huge slowness.

When I'm in Edit mode, the more i change things, the more there is slowness. At a time, it’s nearly impossible to work.

For example, entering Edit Mode of a custom flavor can take up to 2-3minutes. And when i finally entered the flavor, each operation (for example moving a field) take many time due to the slowness.

Sometimes, after saving modifications, the screen can’t be accessed anymore and i have to refresh the page with the browser refresh button. (sometime the browser simply does not respond for a time)

I've tried using Internet Explorer and Firefox, but the problem occurs on both browsers.

I'm not sure it could be due to my ECC system because when using standard flavor, all operations are fast. The slowness seems to be only when i'm in the Edit mode.

Is it a problem that could be due to incorrect customizing point ? (At this time all SAP Notes have been implemented in my system)

I verified all the points mentioned in the different documentations (ITS sizing guide for example) and the parameters seems to be ok.

Maybe a local problem with browser ?

Do you guys, have/had the same problem with Screen Personas 3.0 ?

Many thanks in advance for any clue about this problem.

Olivier

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ssteinhauer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Generally we see the best editing performance in Google chrome, and the worst in IE9.

Nevertheless the rendering times you are describing are pointing to an issue that we would like to investigate further.

Would you please be so kind and report an incident against BC-PER, ideally including system access information so we can investigate this in detail?

Cheers,

--

Sebastian Steinhauer

SAP Screen Personas

Product Owner

0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your answer

I wasn't sure the slowness problem was due to Screen Personas or my browser, that's why i posted my problem here, before reporting it.

I will finish to detail all errors and steps to reproduce it, and i will report it, as described in OSS Note 2063343

Regards

Olivier

Answers (0)