cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting result for odata service for utilities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to retrieve the data from odata service for utilities for Accounts Entity type, but I am not able to retrieve the data, its showing blank result.

Early response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

tharaka_fernando
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

• Debug in Chrome to see whether you are sending correct data .

(F12 --> Put a break point on oData request )

Google Chrome Developer Tools: 12 Tricks to Develop Quicker - YouTube

Debugging JavaScript - Google Chrome

• Debug in NW Gateway whether you are receiving oData into Gateway and ECC.

Put an external Break Point in the program code (Right Click on the Code and select "Set External Break-Point" and execute your UI5 application.

Once you do above program will stop on your SAPUI5 application and you may see what is going into GW system from oData and will stop in Gateway system and you may see what is coming into Gateway..

Thanks

Tharaka 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tharaka,

I checked with debugging i am getting proper data passed from UI. But it's not fetching any record.

Also tried passing filter, but it's throwing exception. refer below screenshot:

tharaka_fernando
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

Are you able to get data inside the Gateway System.

(use 2nd option that I have mentioned above - Debug in NW Gateway whether you are receiving oData into Gateway and ECC )

To go to the NW Gateway ABAP code :

Tcode : SEGW --> Select your oData - -> D.Click on Class "...DPC_EXT" --> and select --->

"..... Get Entity " or ".....Get Entity Set" Section

Then Put a External break-point in ABAP coding (better to put brkpoint in Both section)

and Execute your SAPUI5 application in Webbrowser. Program will stop at the break-point you have pointed. t

You will be able to see how odata is coming into your GW system.

If that is not Working;

use Tcode : /IWFND/ERROR_LOG

This will show you all the error details happend in gateway system with oData Connections.

Thanks

Tharaka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tharaka,

Thanks for the valuable inputs, I am able to get the response correctly.

Thanks

Prince

kedarT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

Did you test your oData service in Gateway Client?

If yes then what is the HTTP response?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am getting below response in Gateway Client.

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

This screen depicts that there is no data to be listed when you executed a QUERY request.

It happened that your get_entityset call was successfully executed but no data has been fetched from the backend.

This may happen due to

• Invalid filters passed.(e.g.: for the get_entityset of PO, you passed a wrong value of a filter PurchaseOrganisation, for which no data is returned by the backend.)
  • your business logic is not fetching any records when there is no filter passed. (As i can see from the browser image that there is no filter).

You need to put external breakpoint in the Get_Entityset method and check why no data has been fetched.

Regards,

Ekansh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ekansh,

I tried executing with external breakpoint in the GET_ENTITYSET method and the entity name is correctly passed but it's not fetching any record.

Also tried passing filter, but it's throwing exception. refer below screenshot:

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

You need to debug in the get_entityset method at the point where the data is fetched. If you are using the RFC FM to fetch the data, you need to go inside that FM call (in debug mode only) and check why you are not able to fetch the data. Thats a pure ABAP thing.

One of the reason may be of authorization to get the data. May be your user is not allowed to get the data using the business logic written.

Regards,

Ekansh

aakash_neelaperumal2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Need more information to help understanding the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting below response when I execute through browser.