cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MBST reversal of GR moved to QM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have searched different blogs and SAP notes. I need a convincing answer on how to achieve the following

1) How to restrict reversing of GR (through MBST or through 102 movement ) moved to quality inspection ?

2) Why by standard system allows this reversal and what are the implications of restricting the same?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MBST has in general nothing to do with returns, it is only cancellation of a material movement.

Return and cancellation are two different business cases. Return is when something is moved physically, cancellation is used if you need to correct a movement in SAP which was posted with the wrong information.

When to use what is something that should be done as skill transfer in the user trainings.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I know why you need a restriction for CANCELLATION. If the user mistakenly posted the wrong quantity / wrong item, what will be the approach?

Standard SAP wont restrict cancellation if there is sufficient stock in the stock type and storage location. This is because cancellation is meant for correcting wrong data entry / posting.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Client wants to follow the process of return to vendor in case of any defect in the item, though i understand it would impact  those mistakenly posted.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no option in standard as of my knowledge. You may either take organizational measures to control the same or you may go for development.

If there are different users for goods receipt and for  internal transfers, then you may check whether you can control the same through authorization.

Regards,

AKPT