cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing from additional dialog instance didn't works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all!

I installed a new dialog instance and found that I can't print anything from this instance. 

I see an error in the SP01:

Log:

I think that it could be a permission problems. How can I checked it ?

Also I found that I have too /usr/sap/EW3/SYS/global/ directory.

One on the central instance and second on the dialog instance host. So I have too spool catalogs. My instances has no any shared directories.

Could it be a problem too ?

Thanks a lot for helping !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have a spool processes on dialog instance Should I add it or make a shared spool directory on central instance host ?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Igor

1.  Is this any error message in SM21 log? on ST22 any dumps?

2. At the time of the releasing the printouts what is the status of Spool work process status? and also how many Spool work process are you having in the one SID?

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

you must have a spool work process for printing from dialog instance. Please add parameter in instance profile rdisp/wp_no_spo = <no_of_processes> and restart the instance then test the print.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram !

1. No, I have not any log or dumps about this problem

2. On central instance I have 2 spool processes, on dialog instance I have 0 spool processes.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to Sriram and Sunil ! So there was to way: add spool processes to the dialog instance or use shared directory. I choosed the spool processes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can use logical spool and you should be able to create the logical spool servers in SPAD.