Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sp_iqtransaction, sp_iqconnection, sp_iqstatus, sp_iqcontext() in SAP IQ

SybDBA
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

How to assume that what system tables used by below procedures/functions;

sp_iqtransaction, sp_iqconnection, sp_iqstatus, sp_iqcontext()

beyond this; sp_helptext is not working with the procedures.

sp_helptext sp_iqstatus

It just showing like

0 row(s) affected

Execution time: 0.127 seconds

Is there any other way to know what tables are being used by these procedures???

Regards,

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj         

The format for sp_helptext  is:   sp_helptext 'dbo.sp_iqstatus'

regards

Johan Bornman

SybDBA
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Thanks for promptness,

But stll i am not able to get the exact tables used in these procedures.

Please help.

Regards,

Pankaj

markmumy
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Quite a lot of system procedures in IQ look at memory structures, not tables.  Anything that has to do with the current running of a system like transactions and versions are all captured via internal code and memory structures.  These are not something that is exposed via SQL.  The procedures actually have, usually, just 1 line.  That 1 line makes a call to an internal subroutine.  So it's nothing that you can gain access to.

Depending on the version of IQ, you may or may not even be able to see the SQL in the system procedures.

The procedures should all dump information.  If that is not happening then open a support case to have them guide you through debugging.  It could be an option that is set that is redirecting output.  The client tool you are using could redirect output.  Some procedures use result sets and not a select so depending on the client tool, result sets may not be shown.

What tool are you using to connect to IQ to run the procedures?

Mark

SybDBA
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

As you said i have tried a lot but, not able to get anything it seems like a puzzle for me.

BTW; I am using Interactive SQL with SAP IQ 16.

Regards,

Pankaj