cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling hazardous material with 3PL warehouse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In one of the business requirement, we need to handle the hazardous materials with 3PL warehouses. I understand that the Standard SAP hazardous material process are integrated only with WM stocks and not with IM stocks. We need to handle the hazardous material warnings, storage warnings, region codes and classes with 3PL vendor. Could you please suggest the best practice to handle the hazardous materials with 3PL warehouses and the possible way to track the inventory?

Appreciate your reply!

Thanks,

Karthik.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are right at IM level with my knowledge also, we don't have any indicator for hazardous material in IM however in one of my implementation we maintained a separate storage location and whenever we trigger any IDoc to  3PL we used to supply some addition data in the custom segment. Since in my case 3rd party was using the NON-SAP system as WM hence they modified and adjusted their system to accept those value, similarly when we were receiving back the information from them we had a custom table which used to maintain those detail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your inputs. It is really workable solution. But I came up with other options. The MATMAS06 has the field STOFF and we transfer the Hazmat to 3PL vendor. Now it is 3PL vendors responsibility to check whether the material for delivery has a hazardous content. Ofcourse, we share the attributes for hazardous content in Z segments in MATMAS.

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

Best regards,

Karthik.

Answers (0)