cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specify the environment variable JCE_POLICY_ZIP and restart.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone ,

I am trying to install SAP GUI ( sapinstgui.exe ) on windows server 2003 x64.... but i m getting the problem ....

Program is starting... Please wait!

Path: C:\Users\JISO\AppData\Local\Temp\sapinst_exe.284.1421989496\\jre\bin\java.exe

For the requested processing mode java policy

files within the used SAP JVM are needed.

Specify the environment variable JCE_POLICY_ZIP and restart.

See also SAP note 1238121.

Exit status of child: 10

I had tried all possible way , followed all related posts but nothing solving my problem.

Please help..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ziaur,

This looks like you might be using a rather old version of the SAPGUI. What version are you trying to install? Also, which executable are you using to launch the installer?

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt ,

thanks for ur response

1>I am trying to install SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ..but I also had tried NetWeaver 7.2 and 7.3 ..those are also giving some errors which seems more complicated to me...

2> I am executing sapinstgui.exe from Master installation>IM_WINDOWS_X86_64>sapinstgui.exe

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aha, I see the problem. The sapinstgui is not related to installing SAPGUI. I know, the names are confusing. That is a tool that is used for installing an SAP server, not the client. Furthermore, it's a tool not intended to be executed directly, but rather called from another tool.

Can you clarify, are you talking about installing the SAP NetWeaver server, or are you trying to install the SAPGUI client? Either way, you are not using the correct tool, but it looks to me like you are trying to install the server.

Do you have access to the installation guides? They will walk you through the correct process.

--Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Matt for ur quick response

Yes, ur right i am trying to install SAP server in my system for practice purpose and i have already installed it ...Now i need to install GUI,, am stucked with it from last 5 day...

And yes I have installation guide in PDF format..will it help regarding this???

please suggest ...

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your NetWeaver installation package should include a DVD (or DVD image) with material number 50127120, or the label 'Presentation.' This includes the various clients. Look for the one that says "7.40 Compilation 1 Presentation 1" or something similar. Depending on the age of your source files, it might be version 7.30 instead, or perhaps older. No matter. You're looking for the Presentation 1 image. Or, if you downloaded it, it might be a folder labeled "NW_7.0_Presentation_."

Once you've found that, drill down to the subfolders \PRES1\GUI\WINDOWS\WIN32\Setup. From there, execute NwSapSetup.exe. That is the SAPGUI installer.

It will give you a bunch of options. I do not recommend installing all of them. Basically, you just need "SAP Logon" and "SAP GUI."

You can find an SAPGUI installation guide under \PRES1\DOCU. It's called "SAP_Front_End_Installation_Guide.pdf."

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx 

Answers (0)