Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

QUESTION: Data integrity of client copy

ENVIRONMENT DESCRIPTION:  there are several clients on one PRD server,corresponding to  QAS server.  Backup and

Recovery one client and DON'T influence the other client.

STEP:  1.lock all of users in one client of PRD except myself, and the other clients are running normal.

2.in one objective client of QAS, execute client copy (type SAP_ALL) from PRD corresponding  source client.  (avoid

DATA BACKUP)

3.landing the source client on PRD server ,execute client copy (type SAP_ALL) from QAS corresponding client.

?????: there is NOT only one client on PRD server, i want recovery ONE client data and don't influence the other client

data,so i can't execute DATA BACKUP and DATA RECOVERY.  Does client copy could keep data integrity ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Your query is slightly unclear and what you wrote above it appears you are plannig a client copy from PRD to QAS as per steps 1 and 2 above. What is unclear is what you aim to achieve with step 3 so if you can clarify it would be great.

From a client copy perspective no single client has any effect on the data of other clients, it is seperated logically form other clients via the MANDT field at table level.

Thanks

Neil Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

for example ,sept 2, client copy from 400 client (PRD) to 400 client(QAS) . then ,step 3, client copy from 400 client (QAS) to 400 client(PRD) .

AIM of step 3,is the effect  same as data backup and recovery ?

regard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

No, this would not be recommended, the flow of data from in terms of clients between PRD and QAS would almost always be from PRD to QAS never the other way. Client Copy shouldn't be used in this manner.

Has something happened to your PRD client ? It would be unlikely you would have an issue so catastophic that it would affect only a single client bar perhaps someone managed to delete a productive client.

Thanks

Neil Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

nothing happened to my PRD client. i just want to know whether the client copy could achieve the effect similar to data recovery, if i execute three steps above.

thanks

Hiphone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

No it would not, there is no realtime data sync as you have with a offline and online database backup and by extension its logs, it is a snapshot of the data at the time of copy. In addition the Client Copy interface is limited in throughput compared to a database recovery. It would not be a supported usage scenario for the Client Copy tools to try and use it as a backup mechanism.

Thanks

Neil Ryan

Answers (0)