cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Alert Consumers in SAP PI 7.31 AEX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I manage a middleware system which runs the Java-stack-only version of SAP PI 7.31. I have come across a new requirement where I have to set up alerts for quite a few different scenarios. These alerts have to generate e-mails which have to be sent to different groups of people depending on the scenario.

I had come across an article by Michal Kraczyk which deals with Component Based Alerting in SAP PI 7.31. The article can found here :

I had initially configured my alerts according to the information provided in this article. However, if my understanding is correct, if different alerts have to generated for different scenarios, one alert consumer per scenario is required as the alert generation is required to send mails to different groups of people.

Is it possible to create more than one Custom Alert Consumer other than the default 'ALERT-TO-MAIL'. Or can my requirement be managed with just a single Alert Consumer;ie; the one which is available by default?

I would be very much obliged if anybody had any views to share on this topic.

Regards,

Pritish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pritish,

You need to configure custom alert consumer for other Interfaces as per your requirement and assign the required Mail Ids to that consumer.

Refer the following for steps:

Configuring a Local Consumer on AS Java - Administering Process Integration (PI) - SAP Library

Hope it helps

Regards,

Azhar